Shannon started with Ashok Parekh & Co as an Accountant in our Kalgoorlie office in 2012. Prior to this, she worked as a mobile small business bookkeeper for a number of years. In 2017 she moved back to her home town of Bunbury and opened our new office in the CBD. She manages this office and sees clients locally whilst still looking after her Kalgoorlie clientele remotely.
Shannon has a passion for helping small businesses and building relationships with her clients, taking the time to get to know them, their businesses and their needs so she can provide tailored solutions for their problems.
She has in-depth knowledge of the Australian tax system and is always attending professional development courses and researching various tax topics (for fun!) to stay up to date with the constantly changing tax law.
Shannon likes to look at ways that she can automate a clients business and bookkeeping processes, helping them reduce the time and cost associated with bookkeeping which in turn means that she can spend more time with the client working on successfully managing and growing their business and legally reducing their tax payable and the client can spend more time focusing on their business, with their family or playing golf!
- Small Business Bookkeeping & Accounting
- FIFO Tax Returns
- Investment Property Tax Returns
- AIRBNB & Holiday Rental Tax Returns
- Tax Saving Strategies
Qualifications and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Commerce, Acc – Curtin University receiving an excellence award during her degree awarded by CPA Australia
- Diploma of Accounting – Central Tafe
- Cert IV in Accounting – Central Tafe
- FTI – Fellow of the Tax Institute of Australia
- AIPA – Associate of the Institute of Public Accountants
- AFA – Associate of The Institute of Financial Accountants
- Xero Advisor Certified
- Xero Payroll Certified
Want to book in with Shannon?
You can book online here or call our Bunbury office on (08) 9721 5725
Shannon also takes email and phone appointments if you are unable to make it into the office!